Monday, 8 April 2013

Beach Date With My Strawberry

 

Hello Dears :)

Hope you've been enjoying the lovely weather this week (minus the icey winds). What have you got up to ?
I finished uni on the 29th for my Easter holidays (3 weeks off whoooooop!!!) so I'm back at mum's. I can safely say I have had a very lazy first week, been out for lunch a few times, went with mum to have an injection in her spine, finally was able to go to Girl's Night at my friend Amanda's house, saw some old friends but the best part of all is I got to spend some quality time with my best friend !!!

 
 
 
My beautiful best friend Sarah passed her driving test a few weeks ago & recently aquired a little clio so naturally, concidering it'd been a nice few days, we decided to have our first adventure to the beach !!! We took Sarah's woofer Bonnie with us so she could have a stroll on the beach too.
 



 We decided to take a drive to Porthcawl seeing Sarah hadn't driven there before (luckily I knew the way because my Grandparents live there). It was such a beautiful day so it was really busy (everyone had the same idea) so it took us a while to find somewhere to park we ended up driving in a massive circle before parking in Salt Lake Car Park opposite Trecco Bay. We let Bonnie do her business before heading to the beach. It was sooooooo windy there! We were almost blown away trying to walk on the sand while trying to dodge the donkey poo (wouldnt recomend that beach at all). We noticed that Bonnie was limping a bit so we walked up the promanade a bit before heading back to the car.

(Bonnie drinking from a bottle)
 
 
We decided to take Bonnie home to rest her leg but first we had to be traditional & do what everyone does when they go to the beach...... eat fish & chips !
 
 
 


Parking down a side street, we left Bonnie in the car & headed to Beale's Fish & Chip Shop for our feast. Sarah had a jumbo sausage & chips & I had a traditional fish & chips which we took back to the car to devour, safe to say there wasnt a single scrap left. It was sooooo yummy !




After driving all the way to Sarah's to drop Bonnie off, we decided that we wanted our day to last a bit longer & decided to drive to Ogmore-by-Sea. Sarah thought we should honor another tradition by getting ice cream to eat on the beach. Sarah stopped off at McDonalds to get two creme egg McFlurry's & two cokes & headed off to Ogmore.

 
This was the view that greated us when we parked up & ate our ice cream (we weren't brave enough to battle the wind & eat on the beach). It was lovely to just sit & chat about whats going on in our lives seeing it'd been over a month since we last saw each other ! I do really miss her when I'm in Hereford.


We drove back to mine once we finished our ice creams & carried on putting the world to rights until Bethany came to pick me up for Girl's Night. It was the best day ever! First time in ages I felt really relaxed & enjoyed myself thanks to my best buddy of 20 years !

Whats your relationship with your best friend like ? What is she/he like ? Do you have days out ?
Haven't posted in a while you hope you like it :) Until Next Time !

 
Lots Of Love
 
Pixiee
 
xXx




Do you have days like this

No comments:

Post a Comment