Hello Dears :)
Well last weekend Mum, my step-dad Russ & I headed to Cornwall to take a much needed break. We left about lunchtime last friday, taking a slight detour to Taunton Dean services for a traditional Cornish pasty (when in rome right?) arriving in Polperro, staying at Killigarth Manor Holiday Park .
The veiw from our caravan was amazing, straight down into a valley & in the centre was a little house, it looked like the valley was going to swallow it up ! We unpacked & relaxed in the caravan enjoying the sunshine streaming through the window (it was blowing a gail outside). I was raring to start sightseeing so I convinced Mum & Russ that we should take a drive & explore the local area
& get something to eat!
(Looe Island)
(I NEED these place mats in my flat)
We ended up in nearby Looe, driving around the small fishing town for a while taking in the beautiful sights before stopping in The Globe Inn for a drink & bite to eat. Was a lovely pub, full of laughter & friendly staff which made you feel so comfortable. Afterwards we headed back to the caravan for a evening of crappy tv.
(One of my many purchases from Sacred Place Christian Bookshop, St Austell)
The next day we took ages to decide what we were going to do, mainly because the weather was awful, very grey & raining heavily. I really wanted to visit a christian bookshop in Portheleven but that would have been almost a 2 hour drive so we headed to St Austell where Í'd found Sacred Place Christian Bookshop. The 3 of us got absolutely soaked trying to find the bookshop, following my Maps App on my iPhone which was difficult when walking around a town you don't know. The relief we felt when we not only found it but were finally in the warm dry shop was unfathomable! I felt like a kid in a candy shop, it was big & had so many books, mugs, music, cards, ornaments & accessories. It was great, we spend a good hour looking around & I ended up spending a lot which I had definitely prepared for (thank God).
(The Crumplehorn Inn & Mill)
(The working water wheel outside the old mill)
(Inside The Crumplehorn Inn)
Russ drove us into Polperro to get something to eat at The Crumplehorn Inn & Mill which we passed on our outing to Looe. It was so beautiful inside & out, it smelt of burning wood as they had just put out the fire (one of my favourite smells). Me & mum stupidly wore canvas shoes which were soaked through so we had to take them off to warm our feet. Russ had a mixed grill (which was massive!!!), Mum had lamb shank which looked incredible & I had one of the best prawn thai green currys I've ever had (been wanting one for ages). We headed back to the caravan after the bill almost gave Russ a heart attack for another chilled evening.
(View from The Smuggler's Cafe, Talland Bay)
The next day we headed to Talland Bay which despide the weather being crappy again was a lovely sight. We had lunch at The Smuggler's Cafe which overlooked the bay which was so relaxing as you could smell the salty sea air & hear the waves crashing against the rocks, so peaceful.
After lunch we headed to Mevagissey which has become one of my favourite places! It was so picturesque even though it was a grey day. We stopped in a few antique shops, boutiques & the best for me was the leather shop, I could have stayed in there for hours & left with granny-chic slippers (very similar to what my Nana Barrett used to wear).
Mum needed the loo so we stopped at a really beautifully decorated cafe called No.5 & I had an amazing hot chocolate with lots of cream & marshmallows (just how it should be). After that we headed back & started to pack up our stuff ready to leave the next morning. The holiday went so fast & because Mum & Russ were really reluctant to go sight seeing or venture far so I didnt get to go to Port Isaac (where Doc Martin is filmed), or even stop at Bodmin Jail or The Jamaica Inn on our way home.In all honesty, the drive there & back was my favourite part of the whole holiday, I always feel really relaxed on long journeys just sitting in the car, listening to music & reading a book (NERD ALERT). It's my ultimate form of relaxation whether it be a car, bus or train I love being able to switch the world off & bury myself in a good book or immerse myself in the music on my playlist.
Anyway thats more than enough from me for one day ! Have you been anywhere nice recently or planning to go to? Been to any memorable cafes?
Lots of Love
Pixiee
xXx
No comments:
Post a Comment