Hello Dears :)
How's your week been ? Anyone else feeling the Autumn chill ?
This week was the official start of my 2nd year of a BA(Hons) Contemporary Applied Arts degree (OMG where did the last year go !) & its been very relaxed so far (well except for looming deadlines already). Our first day was pretty standard , had introductions to the modules we will be working on; Design Development, 3D Special Processes & Discourse, which meant we were hanging around most of the day waiting to be talked at which wasnt too fun seeing we just wanted to start some work. On a plus side the next day we went on a trip to Berrington Hall (details of trip here ) which was really inspirational.
(Before)
(After)
(Bruce of Kinnaird Tartan Blanket)
I decided this week that my living room was looking & feeling a tad bit cold as my sofa & chair are brown leather & the main ornaments are blue. Seeing that Autumn is "my" time of year I thought I'd add a spash of colour , namely orange, to warm up the room I spend most of my time in. I painted my beloved bird box orange (it took 4 layers of white paint & 3 of orange to cover the blue completely), bought an orange fleece throw over (£3, B&Q) for my chair & a Bruce of Kinnaird tartan wool blanket (£23.24, eBay) & already its looking so much better (havent taken pictures because my living room is a bit of a mess right now). Only things left to add are the pumpkin ornaments & the owl lamp which my mum is buying me for Christmas.
After reading this post by Rosie I realised that my creativity had taken a major dip over the summer & found it really inspiring how her trip had boosted her creativity whereas after my trip to Tennessee I had holiday comedown. Reading through the post I saw her mention The Simple Things Magazine & she said it made her "feel all excited for Autumn, and desperate to get back to doing things that make me feel happy" & it made me think that if a magazine made her feel like that then I want to see if it would make me feel like that too & boost my love of craft (seeing thats what I'm doing in uni). It came in the mail a few days ago & have only read a few pages but already I know its going to inspire me by the way its written & how its been layed out. Will see how the rest of the magazine goes (have already ordered Issue 2).
I have been a fan of Teapigs for about a year now. I had my first teapigs experiance was in a cafe in Hereford called Papaya which me & my friends were regulars of last year when we first started the course. I would mainly drink the Chai Tea & Peppermint Tea when we'd go there. I came across their Mix 'n' Match sample pack a few weeks ago & thought it was an awesome way to sample more of their tea without commiting to a big box of tea bags you may end up not using. I was umming & arrring for a while about ordering it as I didnt have my student loan yet & wasnt sure which tea's I wanted to try, you have a choice of 21 differnt teas & must pick 12 for the box so there is plenty of choice. I eventually I ended up choosing; Yerba Mate , Spiced Winter Red , Chocolate Flake , Super Fruit , Rooibos , Chilli Chai , Peppermint Leaves , Tung Ting Oolong , Chai Tea , Lemon & Ginger , Popcorn & Everyday Brew . I tried the Chocolate Flake tea the other day, it was a strange taste I cant really explain but it was quite nice, not something I'd drink everyday though. I'll let you know how the rest of the samples go.
Thats enough from me tonight , 40 Days & 40 Nights is about to start. How is Autumn affecting you so far ? Any changes you feel that are happening/ may happen to you in the coming months ?
Lots of Love
Pixiee
xXx
Love your shoes!
ReplyDeleteI like the variety of teapig flavours, I had a really delicious raspberry one once.
le fresne x
Pretty girl :)
ReplyDelete/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com
♥