Saturday, 29 September 2012

It's Only Money Honey :)


Olá Queridas :)

How have you been ? What adventures have you been on since my last post ?
I went up to Hereford for a week to settle into the flat, ready to start back in uni next Wednesday (you have no idea how much I'm going to appreciate my student loan) but decided I'd come home for the weekend seeing my mum's been in Portugal for 2 weeks (she'll finally be home this Sunday!) so I've been a lil mopey because I've missed her a lot. She's going to bring me back on Monday & come out for the first night of freshers (shes awesome).

All thats been on my mind this last week is money! My 21st birthday is next month, I've got the perfect outfit in mind for my party but its very expensive (this is where my student loan comes in),  plus I'm going to the Halloween Tattoo Bash at the Coal Exchange which has a fancy dress ball on the saturday night so I've been wracking my brain on how I can use my birthday outfit as a halloween costume & I'm having a pumpkin tattooed on my wrist at the convention. To top it off theres so many things I've got my eye on that I've had to prioritize what I spend my money on because its just too much to buy in one month.

Anyone know where I can buy a money tree ?


(Wedge Creepers: Fashion Union)


I treated myself to the creepers after reading this post by Tilly-Jane. Never saw me as the "creeper type" but I saw these wedge creepers & I fell in love with them so I got them ! They are very comfy but I am going to wear them around the flat for a while to break them in before vernturing out. I've had my eye on this Jennifer Lilly dress for quite some time so it was my 2nd treat of the month & looks amazing on (outfit post soon).

 I dont know about you but I tend to find myself lusting after something whether it be a hot celebrity *cough* Chris Hemsworth *cough*, a dress (or a few) or even THAT pair of shoes; its always want, want, WANT ! So much to buy so little money right ? I feel that I am being consumed by consumerism! This need to own the latest clothes, the most sort after gadgets & the best accessories is tiring & hard work , to be honest I'm fed up of it. I've decided to compile a list of things I NEED to buy & a seperate list of things I WANT, this way I can monitor what I am spending while only buying the essentials first before being side tracked by the things that are screaming "Buy me, Buy me". I think that treating yourself every now & then is great as long as its not all the time.

Please excuse the semi-rant semi-epiphany post but Im sure you've had this kind of day, week, month, year even at some point. Do you have any tips for a shoppahloic like myself ?

Lots Of Love
 
iPixiee
 
xXx

5 comments:

  1. Loving your wedged creepers! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear, very pretty blog - love your style!

    le fresne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wedge creepers are stunning! Your sense of style is impeccable! You have gained yourself a new follower!

    My blog: www.missiffa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you ! They are really comfy :) impeccable ? really ? awww thank you very much !

      xXx

      Delete