Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Shoes, BBQs & Yet More Tattoos

(Curly Lou)

 
Hey Guys, hope you are all ok & had a good week :) Have you been enjoying the sunshine finally ? So my dad went back to Singapore to visit Eva , Jimmy & growing bump Danny before he goes back to work. Dad took me & Kris to our favourite restaurant, Caesars Arms, for a farewell meal & it was amazing ! I had my ultimate delight which is Wye Valley Duck in Orange & Cointreau Sauce (Heaven), it is on my top ten favourite meals.  Really enjoyed spending time with my dad, just gutted I may not see him until Christmas (he sed he may not be home for my 21st in October, he also doesnt think turning 21 is as bigger deal as turning 16 or 18 & doesnt see why I should have a big party for it , What Do You Think? Do You Agree?).


(New Sexy As Shoes)


These beauties came in the mail the other day from tReds. I've been wanting sandals like this for years but the ones I found were either too expensive or not exactly what I was looking for, then I stumbled upon these & fell in love with them but was apprehensive because they looked pricey but to my delight  they were on sale !!! Originally they were £29.99 & in the sale they were reduced to £9.99 !!! I couldn't not buy them at that price , it would be rude not to ! When I got them I didnt take them off (except to sleep & shower) , although I found out they are the worst shoes to wear if you are walking around for a long time ! Wearing them walking through Cardiff then Swansea & back again was the worst decision ever, the blisters on my feet were huge & painful, then wearing them to Hereford & back didnt help either & now have to wear very unattractive, big plasters on the arches of my feet . I do adore these shoes , they look amazing with wet look leggings (which I have been practically living in), but some shoes are made for walking & these aint one of them which is a shame really.


(New Tattoo by Aimee Cornwell, Inner Left Arm 3 1/2 hours)



I stumbled upon Aimee Cornwell's work when just browsing through the artists at Physical Graffiti's facebook page seeing what kind of work their artists do & to be honest most didnt do anything for me. I love black & grey realism & dont really like the more traditional colour work (just my personal preference, I can appreciate it for the art it is) so when I found myself really loving Aimee's work I was surprised because its more stylised & colourful but the difference to me is that she mainly uses lighter more feminine colours & her work has a more organic flow. I then saw that she was soon to be leaving Physical Graffiti in Cardiff to work at Swansea Tattoo Company in Swansea (state the obvious) & thought it wouldnt harm to get in touch with her to see if she would do one of her intricate flower designs on my inner arm. I emailed her in May & she was really excited about the idea as she hadnt done something like this in a while, I paypaled her the deposit & waited for July to come about.
Sarah came with me for moral support on the day of the tattoo, once we got to Swansea we headed to Subway (its our pre-tattoo tradition to have a Subway) then proceeded to search for the tattoo shop (I dont know Swansea very well so I had the route to the shop saved on my maps since I booked the tattoo). Turns out it was extremely easy to find & close to the centre of town so we didnt have to go too out of our way. We were half an hour early so Aimee showed me the design (which I loved) & went on to set up. The tattoo was rather painful though no where near as bad as my foot had been. It was a great shop to be at , it was really welcoming & friendly & the boss , Lee, was histerical , coming over to check on our progress & just generally making me feel at ease during a very uncomfortable tattoo. We talked about so much during the 3 1/2 hours but what really amazed me was that when I was leaving she asked me if I was going straight home & I said No because I was going to help my church with this youth week we are organising & she asked "You go to church?" , said yes & to be honest I was waiting for the disbelief & mocking to start but it actually turns out that Aimee goes to church every Sunday but is still trying to find the right church for her, she goes to Soul Survivor every year & goes to The Red Cafe in the Mumbles regularly (I went there with my old church, Salvation Army , for a day out).



It was really encouraging for me to know that I'm not the only tattooed christian out there, I know I'm not but where I come from it really feels like it. The people at my old church really werent happy with me getting tattooed (even though I did my research; looked up scripture, looked at what Australian pastor Mark had to say about it & looked to see what I could find on google) & it was one of many reasons why I stopped going there. I realise now that getting tattooed & having tattoos is a part of who I am & as long as God is ok with that then why should it matter what other people think ? Not caring what other people think about you is easier said than done but I'm working on it. I found this necklace on etsy & think this is a way to help me stay empowered & help stop bringing myself down so much about how I look , what I weigh, what people think of me etc. (Anyone Else Do This Too?).


Later in the week I was invited over Kevin & Amanda's for a BBQ with the group from Mississippi (group who helped us with Soul Fusion Youth Week). It was awesome, they were giving me advice for when I go to Tennessee (9 Days!!!), talking & hanging out :) I ate two hotdogs which were to die for & Amanda made her amazing brownies which were gooey & mega chocolately plus she let me lick the spoon & mixing bowl (I LOVE cake mix). I'm really happy that I'll be flying to Atlanta with Amanda & her daughter Hannah , glad I wont be flying all that way on my own.

Whats going on with you? Off on Holidays ? Sorry for another not so exciting post :) Speak Soon :)

Lots Of Love

Pixiee

xXx





No comments:

Post a Comment