Thursday, 12 July 2012

Rain.... Lots & Lots Of Rain :(


So I thought I'd do two small-ish catch-up posts instead of one big one so this is like part 2 of my week :)

(Graze Box: Ancient Forest Nuts, Herby Bread Basket, Jaffa Cake & Apple & Cinnamon Flapjacks)
This weeks Graze Box was filled with more tasty-yet-healthy treats! My box's gorgeous delights were; Ancient Forest Nuts, Herby Bread Basket, Jaffa Cake & Cinnamon, As I've said before I highly recommend them if your like me & tends to snack a lot, they taste delicious & is a healthy alternative to snacking on chocolate or crisps (my weaknesses) plus I find its something to look forward to recieving in the mail because you dont know what you are going to recieve!

Isle Of Wight
(Chocolate Island, Godshill)

My mum, step-dad Russell, Kris (my man) & I went away for the weekend to the Isle of Wight , staying in a caravan & just chilling out for a few days. However, things didnt really turn out the way we had hoped, the crossing on the ferry was great but all went down hill as soon as we got on the island :/ We got to the caravan park that we were staying in & it was raining extremely heavy. We were two hours early to check in but they gave us our keys anyway & we drove around trying to find the caravan, when we found it Russ went in to check it out before we started unloading the car. He came straight back out & said theres no way we are staying in there, its dirty & theres a toilet in the middle of the living room (yes you heard right, a toliet in the living room). We couldnt believe it so Mum got out of the car to go take a look when two handymen walked over to us with soggy plywood under their arms telling us not to go in as the caravan isnt ready. He said that they just needed to install the bathroom & we can be go in in an hour (if theres one thing I know about installing bathrooms its that bathroom sealent takes way longer than an hour to set). My mum was really ticked off because of this & the general state of the caravan.

(Rookley Country Park)


We went back up to the reception where me & Kris had a bottle of Desperados each (cost a whopping £7.98 for two bottles!) while mum complained (putting it lightly) because we had upgraded to a nice caravan & got a really crappy one , not the best start to our holiday. We had to pay an extra £50 to upgrade (again). Got in the caravan & finally got to relax while Russell & Kris brought the bags in. We relaxed all evening watching the tv although we could just about hear it over the rain. The next day was just as bad, the rain hadnt eased at all but I wasnt gunna sit in doors all day so we decided to have a look around Godshill. We battled the rain to go to Chocolate Island where they make & sell chocolate in all kinds of shapes, sizes & flavours & you can even watch them making the chocolate! I bought a big white chocolate lolly with I.O.W. on it it milk chocolate & dinosaur, a little milk chocolate owl & Champagne Truffles (for mum, they are her favourites). After that we ran to the Cider Barn, Lilliput Doll & Toy Museum & stopped in a lil cafe for lunch before going on a tour of the whole island ( in other words drove around because we didnt fancy going back to the caravan). I couldnt really take many pictures in a moving car & with water streaming down the windows & to be honest it was so uninspiring (the weather not the island).

(One of many thatched cottages on the island)

Sunday was glorious ,the sun was shining & it was really warm so we went to The Needles Park at Alum Bay. We went on the chairliftwhich takes you down the cliffs to the beach & back up which was hilarious because Russell & Kris were really scared of hights (mum & I have been on them a few times when I was little). We had a wonder around the gift shops then went in search of a place to eat before heading back for the last time to the caravan.

(My Boy)

We had to be out by 10am & our ferry wasnt until 12:30 so we stopped at a little pub where we had ALL YOU CAN EAT BREAKFAST!!! Was amazing we could have as much cooked breakfast, coffee, tea, juice & toast as we wanted for £6 ! By the time we ate & headed over to East Cowes to catch the ferry it was 11am , but luckily there was space for us on the 11:30 crossing :) We sat outside seeing it was still dry & warm. We got home & had a lovely chinese with my dad which is always epic because he always buys too much food for us all :)

Back In Beddau

Tuesday we finally booked my flight to Tennessee on 2nd August ! I'm so excited that its finally booked & that I'll be jetting off in three weeks !!!! I better start thinking about what outfits & shoes I'm going to take (I have a tendancy to over-pack, bet I'm not the only one huh?).

I recieved my results from my first year of Uni saying that I failed one of my modules & that I need to resubmit the work by the 2pm on the 20th August or I cant progress onto the second year! As you can imagine I was devistated although my mum & dad were really supportive saying I can do this & that its not the end of the world if I cant go back , my dad also said that we could always start our own business (epic idea). I was still a stress-head though because I couldnt remember being told that I had failed any modules & was racking my brain, then I remembered that on my ICP project my tutor, Mel, had put that module as a "non-submission" instead of a "fail" so I could have the opportunity to re-sit the module rather than failing & unable to change the grade. The module started off great, I was really excited & motivated because the project was a way of us discovering our "theme" or style of work through selecting fifty images & fifty words & having our peers looking at them & picking out the common themes. For me it was; Birds, Collections, Books & Tattoos & also a sort of obsession with covering blank space (Ollie saw a link between the fact I had completely covered every inch of white in my space with wallpapers, business cards & flyers, pictures & colourful shelving & that most of my images were of tattoos covering women's skin). Anyway, I ended up hidding a brick wall with the project as it was just about designing but without an outcome in mind I just couldnt do a thing , plus I have great difficulty drawing & getting my ideas down :/ What also didnt help was that three weeks into the six week project I had a real week from hell. My friend's daughter Kayleigh, my friend Mark, my friends mum & 3 other people I knew all died in the same week & it really knocked me for six , especially on top of the stress of the project, some issues I was having at home & the fact I had a Uni trip the following week to Amsterdam giving me a week less to do the work as the deadline was the week after the trip. I spoke to Mel about it & she told me to do as much as I could. All I can do now is fill in as many of the gaps as possible & hope for the best though I really want to go back next year !

Thats more than enough from me for one day :) Whats going on in your life ?

Lots of Love

iPixiee

xXx 

No comments:

Post a Comment