I stumbled across this picture the other day on Facebook & thought "Wow This Is How I Want To Look On My Wedding Day !". We have this preconceived idea of what a bride should look like on her wedding day; Long flowing white dress, immaculate hair & make-up & flawless untainted skin covered by a beautiful veil , the personification of purity. But.... & it's a big but.... Times are changing, you don't have to stick to the cookie-cutter image of the typical bride , you can pretty much do what you like on your wedding day & I think that its such an amazing privilege ! The fact that women can have any style & coloured dress their hearts desires on their big day is just awesome to me :)
Since having Instagram I have noticed that a lot of the more heavily tattooed women waited til after their big day to get inked up , mainly because of this idea of a perfect bride & I think it's very sad, you shouldn't have to hide or postpone having tattoos just because you need to look a certain way on your wedding day.
If you take a look at Rock n Roll Bride it shows alternative & DIY weddings all of which absolutely beautiful, unique & showing the personalities of the couples, including brides & grooms covered in tattoos. I find it very inspiring, to be able not only to be comfortable in your own skin but to express it on the biggest day of your life.
I have no idea why I have posted on this subject to be honest , I'm not married & probably won't be for sometime but felt it was something I needed to share.
What is your take on tattooed brides ?
Lots of Love !
iPixiee
xXx

No comments:
Post a Comment