Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Hurricane Dad, Graze Box & Bristol

(My new scarf - River Island)

Well to say its been an eventful week would be an understatement!
Hurricane Jim (my dad) came home on Wednesday, although originally it was supposed to be Thurday (never one to inform me of plans , my father) although he did tatke me shopping (will show you in the next post). I had my final tutorial of my first year (its gone by soooo fast) which was to get grades for my "Women & Tattoos" project , I got a 3rd which isnt brilliant but I did have a lot of gaps in my design development so I was told just to practice it over the summer, I find it difficult to get my ideas onto paper, usually if I get an idea I think about it & develop it in my head then make it but obviously they need to see the "thinking" process. Plus it doesnt really matter what I get because we only need to pass the first year & none of the work or marks go towards our degree (which i find completely stupid 1. that they dont count at all & 2. that they told us that they dont count). Anyway after that I got the train home & my dad came a few hours later :) The 13th June would have been my mum & dads 20th wedding anniversary (thank God for divorce) so mum cooked a lovely meal of home-made chips, fried egg & ham for me , my dad, my step-dad (mums husband) & obviously mum. To many that is probably unheard of & weird but its perfectly normal for us :) Countless cups of tea, a bag of maltesers & two Euro 2012 games (YAWN) & he left , finally I could go to bed !

(Thursdays Graze Box, Already Munched On The Apple &Cinnamon Flapjacks ;P)

Thursday saw the arrival of my second box from www.graze.com & this was even better than the first ! I recieved a flyer with my new shoes from New Look two weeks ago with a code for a promotional offer to recieve the first box free & the second half price & decided to give it a try :) Thursdays box contained; Honey & Lemon Oatcakes, Apple & Cinnamon Flapjacks, Hazelnut Espresso & Savoury Roasted Seeds :) I thoroughly enjoyed all of the boxes except the oatcakes , they tasted a lot like cardboard :S Really love how their little cards are all personalised with my name, have all the nutritional information on each snack box & that it gives me four vouchers for friends to recieve their own free box when using my own code :) cant wait to see what I get this week !!!


(Debz & her bright pink cast)


Friday, I got the next part of my cover-up tattoo done (more about that in a later post) & got the train to Bristol to stay with my cousin Debbie & her boyfriend Drew for a few days to celebrate Drew's 31st Birthday :) Drew picked me up from Bristol Parkway but before I got in the car, Drew had a phonecall from Debbie saying she thinks shes either dislocated or broken her little finger lunging Dinky (her horse, she wrapped the lunging rope around her little finger for more strength but Dinky reared pulling the rope & Debbie's finger). So we picked Debz up & went to A&E in Frenchay to get an xray to see how severe the damage was because the top of her finger was turned inward at a 45 degree angle & to see how they could treat it. We had to wait THREE HOURS before she was seen by a doctor, they said it was definitely broken not dislocated & sent her to have an xray which concluded that she had broken the lower half of her finger completely down the middle in what was called a spiral break (a twist in the break) meaning it may not be able to rectify itself & may need surgery (Debz was not impressed) so they put a cast on it to see how it heals & she'll find out on friday whether the cast has actually fixed it or if she does need surgery ! FINALLY we left the hospital & went back to Debbie's to dig into my sushi (yummy) ! Next evening we went out to Frankie & Benny's for Drew's birthday, a load of his friends came up from Taunton to celebrate. Was a great night ! I tried a Long Island Iced Tea & Tiramisu (pure heaven for the taste buds) for the first time ! Really enjoyed spending the weekend with my cousin , I havent gone to stay with her for a whole year!

What did you do this weekend ? Do you get a Graze box or any other gift boxes sent to you ? What are they like ?



Take Care, Lots of Love

iPixiee

xXx

2 comments:

  1. i really like the look of graze boxes. i'm the worst snacker - i could do it all day - so i think that having some healthy snack options would be really good for me. it's nice to hear that other bloggers have been satisfied with the company :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, terrible for snacking on the wrong foods & this box is really helping me tame it , makes it better you can rate all the different foods on their website & tell them if there's anything u don't want delivered :) if you do decide to get one put in this code: 7VCZQFJD & you'll get your first box free :)

      Delete